Friday, July 10, 2009

Grad School & Healthcare and bears oh my!!!

Well...it's official, I am going to be starting Grad School in Sept. Kinda freaked with the whole bullshit going on with the ex and no money, but I figure, WTF...maybe the student loan money will help. My daughter will be starting school in the Fall as well, which is very surreal.

Been trying to figure out what I want to do with my life...the simple answer is to just find something where I make a difference and pay my bills. Doesn't seem like to much of a pipe dream and I wish I would have had it 20 years ago. Back then going to school and getting my degrees was a means to an end. I never really went for what I wanted...I went for a paycheck. Don't get me wrong, being a respiratory therapist has been a great career and it is always one that I can go back to, but healthcare is killing my soul. I love interacting with the patients and I love it when we do some great work, but knowing that the whole layout of the system is fucked is really weighing on me. Knowing that I have total shit insurance, as a healthcare worker, pisses me off to no end. It would be like a Zookeeper feeding the lions filet and getting baloney for their supper. I often feel like that...

I don't think anyone in this country should have a lifetime of debt over medical issues, especially if you work and pay for your insurance. That is not my reality. So, rather than bitch about it, which I can do and do pretty well, I decided to get my MPA and hopefully, somehow get into politics or non profit and work toward creating change. I will be 40 when I get my degree, but I figure, hell...that's young enough to make a difference.

Sitting here thinking about change does not change make...I know that I am just sick and fucking tired of the middle class getting the shaft in this country. People make all kinds of assumptions about us...we make enough money we don't need a hand up (NOT OUT!!!) we have health insurance (I would be better off on Medicaid for sure!!!) And as a single Mom whose ex is way fucking behind in his support, the government apparently does not think it necessary to step in and make the bastard pay up, but they will let me lose everything I've worked for in the mean time. Our whole system is based on bullshit and until the middle class gets off their wheel and gets pissed off and takes to the streets, this will not change. WE NEED A REVOLUTION!!!! This is our fucking country, our blood and sweat makes this country, not our politicians!!! Rise up I say!!

No comments:

Post a Comment