Monday, July 13, 2009

Well...fuck 'em

I have had it...I finally contacted the prosecuting attorney's office and fully intend to go there tomorrow and open a file. The ex has actively ignored me long enough. You can ignore me, but now he is ignoring my children and I am done. If the threat of losing his driver's license or going to jail is not enough to make him get his shit together, than I don't know what else to do.

I would love to say it's not so much the money, but truthfully, that is a large issue. My son just came to me and said he has outgrown all of his shoes, we will shop for shoes that he will probably outgrow again in a couple of months...he's 12 afterall! However, the larger issue is that he is making my kids feel like shit and doubt that they are worthy of being loved. That is some bullshit I will not tolerate.

I want to say this loud and clear. I am a GAY womon who is working and providing for her children. It is their STRAIGHT father that is not stepping up to the plate and taking care of his responsibilities, but guess what, he is married to an equally inept parent (3 kids of her own and doesn't have custody of ANY of them) and they can get all the rights that marriage affords and could quite conceivably have more children?!?! WTF?

We need to start screaming from the rooftops that we are productive members of society already raising children, many of us being oppressed from many sides. I am a single Mom, a lesbian, middle class, and a womon...grab a club and join in because oppression surrounds me from every side and I am sick and fucking tired of being beat down. I am standing up to this here and now and I will come out of this with 2 kids that will be able to say that their dyke mother stood up for them, loved them, and made sure that their needs were met despite all this bullshit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment